The kitchen provides constant sustenance and hopefully warm memories of sharing. Those memories can turn into nightmares without the right equipment.
Grabbing an actual oven mitt or pot holder can make your cooking experience safer and easier. One of the most attractive mitts to hang in your kitchen, the silicone oven mitts offer the best combination of good looks and good coverage that we’ve found.
So, to know whether are silicone oven mitts better, you must read the following.
Ideal Oven Mitts
While they can come in various materials, colors, and sizes, top-quality mitts make cooking and baking a safer task. Ideal oven mitts should possess main three characteristics,
- The best oven mitts should be durable and affordable.
- These should be comfortable to use
- These must protect you from high temperatures
Comparison among Different Oven Mitts
- Regardless of the oven mitt’s material, you’ll want to choose one that’s thick. While cotton is comfortable and the easiest to clean, it has the lowest heat resistance.
- Neoprene and silicone mitts are highly recommended for protecting your hands from extreme heat, almost 500°F.
- The grip of an oven mitt depends on the material. Silicone and neoprene offer the most secure grip.
- However, the unpleasant smell of neoprene material takes a long time to go away.
- An oven mitt’s material determines how easy it is to clean. Cotton is the easiest, as it can be tossed in the washing machine with the rest of the laundry whereas silicone mitts require a little more work.
Advantages of Using Silicone Mitts
- Silicone gloves are heat resistant to 450 degrees Fahrenheit because of the silicone compounds used. Some tests have used silicone gloves and mitts to as much as 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In case of food interactions, silicone oven mitts are safe. As the process of making silicone forms a stable chemical bond, silicone use is safe in things like oven mitts. This makes it less likely to make reactions with foods, whether cooking with acids or bases.
- Silicone gloves are water-resistant. This feature makes a good choice for kitchens because bacteria have nothing to penetrate
- Since the surface is not porous, it is easier to clean. Only soap and water are needed to clean silicone oven mitts, although some will also be able to go through the washing machine if desired.
- When using gloves, it’s important there be a lining on the inside of the glove. This will make it easier to put gloves on and off.
Related Post: Can You Put Oven Mitts in The Washer?
Silicone oven mitts have grown in popularity over the years and are now commonly used for both indoor and outdoor cooking. There is a large influx of consumers who are switching from their cloth oven mitts to better and stronger silicone oven mitts.
Not only is Silicone Oven Mitts FDA approved but the FDA recommends silicone oven mitts over cloth ones. So, no more worries should peep behind your mind regarding “are the silicone mitts better.”
You can now choose silicone mitts with confidence.