A clean carpet can enhance the charm of your room nevertheless a dirty carpet becomes a burden to you unless you can clean it. Along with other floor decorating items such as tiles, bamboo, wood, and stone, carpets still rank first on the list of people’s favorites.
A survey from the U.S census bureau reveals that the U.S carpet industry contributes 51% of the overall flooring sector and the estimated sale is over $10 million in 2019.
People have a great attraction in carpeting because of its warmth and tenderness. People use carpet to get rid of hard and rough floors. Although there are many comforts, cleaning a carpet is a difficult task for many people.
Cleaning a carpet without relying on any technology is not a difficult task. We have two gods gifted technology with us. Our hands are with us to make the task easier. Sometimes our hands support us better than any other technology.
In this article, we will cover all the things to exuberant your knowledge about the easy way to clean carpets by hand and why it is essential to clean carpets. It also helps you to know how to clean a carpet without a machine.
So, don’t go here and there. Take a cup of coffee and join us.
Reasons Behind Cleaning Carpets:
If you decorate your house with carpets keep in mind that carpets should remain dust and stain free. A dirty carpet can be great suffering for the patient with allergies.
Microscopic things such as farina, animal dander, and many more things cause a great health issue.
Cleaning carpet is so much important not only for the health issue but also for the longevity of the carpet. Manufacturers always specify a time to clean the carpet according to its building materials.
It is recommended to clean up your carpets three or four times per year depending on the condition of the carpets.
Top 4 Effective and Easy Ways to Clean Carpets by Hand:
If you don’t have any technology in your hands to clean the carpets, then it will be your hands who can serve you as a cleaning companion. Cleaning carpets with your hands can reduce your cost to purchase or rent a vacuum cleaner.
There are many ways to keep your carpet convenient and pretty by hand. Before cleaning you should identify all the spots that need to be taken special care.
After identifying the spots, you can use different methods to bring back the shine of your carpets.
1. Using a Carpet Brush
A carpet brush can be an easy solution for you to change the crummy look of your carpet. It can dispel the dirt, pollen, and contaminants from the carpet.
Just lean over your knees and push the brush across your carpet. Continue this process until you are confident all the dirt has fallen out of the carpet.
After agitated all the areas you can use a cleaner to remove the dust from the surface. You should also sweep the plywood subfloor at the same time. It will lessen your time and stress altogether. It is the cheapest way to clean carpets.
2. Carpet Cleaning with Vinegar
Carpet cleaning with vinegar helps you to bring back the brightness of your carpet. Vinegar frequently performs in removing the grain of dirt and discomforting residues from the carpet. You need some components when you use vinegar as a cleaning material.
- A Bucket
- Scrub brush
- Hot water and
- One-fourth cup of white vinegar
Collect these materials and pursuit the following steps:
- Step 1: Take the bucket and fill it with warm water. Mix one-fourth cup of white vinegar thoroughly with the water.
- Step 2: Immerse the scrub brush in water.
- Step 3: Take the scrub brush from water and apply the solution over the carpet with the brush. Don’t saturate the carpet with the solution. If you saturate the carpet, it will damage the outer surface of the carpet.
- Step 4: After that, take a towel and carefully wipe the carpet.
- Step 5: Leave the carpet to dry. It will dry sooner if you set up a floor fan in front of it.
3. Clean Manually with Baking Soda
Baking soda is actually a salt called sodium carbonate. Baking soda dissolves dirt and unwanted particles into the water and eliminates the annoying odors. It is used widely all over the world from making food to cleaning the yard.
Baking soda serves as a cleaning agent because it is a mild alkali and can quickly dissolve contaminants and grease in liquid for successful elimination.
It is an environmentally friendly product and minimizes your expenses to buy cleaning materials. You can clean the carpet with baking soda in an easier way. For this, you need some components such as;
- Baking Soda
- Hot water and
- Spray bottle
For effective cleaning, do the following steps:
- Step 1: Take some hot water and mix the baking soda with it. Stir it generously until making a proper solution.
- Step 2: After making a proper solution, pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Step 3: Spray the solution over the carpet carefully.
- Step 4: Wait for at least 3 hours. Let it soak up and consume the dust and the smells.
- Step 5: After the drying period is over, use a vacuum cleaner or any other cleaner to vacuum up the baking soda from the carpet.
4. Clean Carpeted Stairs by Vinegar, Lavender Oil and Table Salt Mixer Solution:
If you have a multi-story house, you must use stairs for your easy movement. Most of the homeowners use carpets on the stairs to ease their movement and avoid any foot injury.
Commercial carpet cleaners are not suitable for cleaning the stairs carpet. That’s why cleaning carpeted stairs using hands is important. Cleaning the carpet on the stairs by hand requires some elements such as;
- Hot water – 2 cups
- Vinegar – 1 cup
- Table salt (Sodium Chloride – NaCl) – 2 teaspoons
- Lavender oil – 15 drops.
- Spray bottle
- Scrub brush
By following the steps outlined below, you can easily clean the staircase carpet with these elements,
- Step 1: Take hot water and vinegar into a vessel. Mix it properly.
- Step 2: Add lavender oil and table salt with the solution. Keep stirring until the mixture is well prepared.
- Step 3: Pour the solution into the spray bottle and shake it again.
- Step 4: Take a scrub brush and apply the scrub brush over the carpet to dispel the dirt and debris from the carpet. The process has to start from the first staircase.
- Step 5: Use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum up the loosened particles. Start this process also from the top stairs.
- Step 6: Spray the prepared solution in each and every part of the carpet.
- Step 7: Use a scrub brush for good and deep cleaning. Rub the carpet thoroughly with a scrub brush to clean it.
- Step 8: Let the carpet dry and use a vacuum cleaner for removing any residue that is attached to the carpet.
Be aware of health issues. Use a face mask and hand gloves to avoid health risks when you clean carpets.
Ques: Which is the perfect domestic carpet cleaner?
Answer: Vinegar solution: Blend hot water with a one-fourth cup of white vinegar. This is the most cost-effective and easiest way to clean carpet.
Ques: What is the simplest way to eliminate odor from the carpet?
Answer: The simplest way to eliminate odor from the carpet is given below:
- Baking soda: 0.5 cup
- Essential oil: 30 drops
Steps to Follow:
- Step 1: Mix half cup baking soda with 30 drops of essential oil properly.
- Step 2: Pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Step 3: Wait until the mixer sits properly. It will take 24 hours to sit.
- Step 4: After 24 hours, spray the solution lightly over the carpet.
Ques: How long does it take for baking soda to absorb odors?
Answer: It is recommended that 24 hours is an ideal time for baking soda to absorb odors. Baking soda naturally absorbs all odors within 24 hours and will protect you from odors.
Related Post: How to Keep Rug Corners from Curling up on Carpet?
Cleaning a carpet with hands is time-consuming work but it can make you joyful when you see the beauty of the carpet in front of your eyes.
Here we have discussed the top 4 effective and easy ways to clean carpets by hand. If you are looking for the cheapest way to clean carpets, then you can use the carpet brash.
Whether you are searching for an effective and environmentally friendly product to clean your carpet, consider vinegar as the cleaning element. It is cost-effective and the best way to manually clean carpets.