Are you facing difficulties cleaning your plastic dish drying rack? Don’t you understand what procedure you should follow? Then please read the whole article about how to clean a plastic dish drying rack to get the best result.
You know there are various types of dish drying racks in the market. Among them, a plastic dish drying rack is safe to use. Because it cannot get rusty so far.
So, many of you may like to use plastic dish drying racks to manage your kitchen dishes in the best ways.
Today’s article will let you know about the cleaning methods of your plastic dish drying racks.
How to Clean a Plastic Dish Drying Rack – An Ultimate Solution
The plastic dish drying rack is very easy to click. You just need to follow the proper steps. But first of all, let’s know what dish drying rack actually stands.
What is a Dish Drying Rack?
A dish drying rack is a tool of so many shelves with holding properties so that it can hold your wet dishes or cookware to get dried. It has to be set on the top of your sink so that extra water from your dishes can drain easily. A dish drying rack is used popularly to manage your kitchen work easily.
There are many kinds of dish drying racks. Such as wooden made, aluminum made, stainless steel made and even plastic made dish drying racks.
Now we are discussing cleaning a plastic-made dish drying rack.
Cleaning a Plastic Dish Drying Rack
Regular cleansing is very important to keep your dish drying rack cleaned. The plastic dish drying rack gets oily, greasy, and dirty so easily because of the kitchen air and regular cooking at the kitchen. That’s why you should clean your rack regularly.
The Ingredients that You Need for Your Regular Cleansing
- Dish liquid
- Scrub brush
- A piece of drying cloth/ towel
Methods of Cleansing:
- Step 1: Take the rack into the sink and separate its part.
- Step 2: Wash every piece of your dish drying rack properly with the dish liquid.
- Step 3: Soak the plastic dish drying rack into the dish liquid mixed water and scrub it thoroughly.
- Step 4: Wipe off all the water from your rack with a clean dish towel or a piece of clean cloth.
- Step 5: Dry out your dish drying rack properly.
Cleansing with Bleach
You can clean your dish drying rack with bleach also. This process helps you to clean your rack so deeply. It will help you to disinfect your rack effectively.
The ingredients you may need to follow this method is given below:
- ¼ cup of bleach
- Big tub, bucket, or sink
- Old toothbrush
- Soft cloth
Methods of Cleansing:
- Step 1: Submerge your rack properly into the water with the help of a large bucket, tub, or sink.
- Step 2: Add ¼ cup of bleach into each gallon of water and soak the rack properly in the water.
- Step 3: Leave your rack in the water for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Step 4: After proper soaking of your rack, you need to wipe your rack with a soft gentle cloth.
- Step 5: Use an old toothbrush to clean each corner of your dish drying rack properly. A toothbrush works well here to clean the tight space of your rack.
- Step 6: Rinse your dish drying rack thoroughly after complete cleansing with clean water.
- Step 7: Dry completely then use it.
Cleansing with Hot Water
Cleansing with lukewarm water and adding a little vinegar will also give you a good result. You may use lime instead of vinegar. But vinegar will work fast.
- Make sure the water is not too hot. Very hot water may damage the plastic of your rack.
- You should clean your dish drying rack at least once a week. It will give you a long time to use your dish drying rack.
Related Post: Is a dish drying rack important?
Nowadays you all know about the importance of cleansing your dish drying rack. But sometimes you may have confusion regarding how to clean a plastic dish drying rack perfectly.
I think this writing has helped you a lot to find out the perfect way to clean your plastic dish drying rack. Staying clean gives more longevity to your product. So, stay clean with your kitchen stuff.